Thursday 22 June 2017

TH Thursday

THinking, THinking, THinking...

THinking THoughts, and being THankful on THursdays.


Today I am thankful for running into old friends!
Since this is the week before the church picnic, the White Elephant sale has been open, and I've been running into friends I haven't seen in a while or lost touch with. How nice it's been to chit chat about our lives and say, "Yes, let's get together later!"

I also ran into a friend I grew up with while food shopping today, I might even get to see her next Friday.

I just texted a friend that I used to work with years ago and hopefully we'll get to see each soon too.

The biggest excitement was seeing my friend I hadn't seen in almost 31 years!
While we were in Canada, I was able to see my friend, Janet, who I met when I was 15 and she was 17, on board the QEII. 
We had never met each other's family, so on my birthday they met us in Toronto and we had dinner together. What a wonderful evening of catching up! 

She surprised me with a birthday cake, which was total chocolate heaven! What a fantastic 50th with family and friends.

So have you run into any old friends recently?

5 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh Astrid this is super! I am so happy you were able to see Janet after all these many years. What great pictures you shared with us. :D

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Bizarrely enough I have! I met up with two former work colleagues on Wednesday and today we went to the Small Boy's old Primary School and I saw some of the parents I used to be friends with there.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

No-one gave me a cake like your's though, it looks quite delicious!

Tiffstitch said...

I haven't, although there's a 40th bday party for one next month, so that could count. :) So glad you had a great trip!

Maggee said...

It is nice to meet with old friends... I have not...but who knows? The cake has set my tummy to rumbling this morning!! Ha!