Thursday 20 March 2014

The strangest place you've ever...

Stitched?!

Spur of the moment - I needed a pedicure because I'm going away for a girls birthday weekend at the beach.  I'm hoping it will be nice enough to walk in the sand so I needed the toes to look pretty just in case!  BRING ON SUMMER!

But I'm working on a joint gift and really needed to stitch, so I though I would kill two birds with one stone.  (Can't show it since you never know who might be looking!)

The salon had no music to listen to because their xm radio was broken.  So I got to listen to my station, 95.1 SHINE fm, on my phone.  They are doing their annual Sharathon and I got to listen and see how they're doing.  I helped out yesterday and the day before, and I loved it!  That adventure will be my next posting...

ANYWAY, where's the strangest place you've ever stitched?

9 comments:

Vickie said...

Gosh, I don't recall anything stranger than a volleyball game.

Linda said...

Oh how fun Astrid. You beat. I only stitch at home.

Linda

Unknown said...

Well...once I actually sat in a bathroom and stitched for 1/2 hour. We were travelling, and hotels are notorious for poor lighting. But... the bathroom had a bright light, and I just 'needed' to get a few stitches in... LOL

Mouse said...

ohhh well done ... I have taken to having one in my handbag at all times ... I have stitched in hotel rooms and also just recently in my DD's sweet shop in between orders ...lol love mouse xxxxx

cucki said...

:)
Wow so much fun :)
Enjoy x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

In hospital waiting for my induction to take effect! Is that stranger than beside my Nan on her deathbed? I have literally stitched from one end of the life cycle to the other!

Julie said...

cant think of anywhere strange I've stitched

Anne said...

Eeek!! In a tub?! I'd be so scared of dropping my stitching...then again, it would be clean! Hmm, actually after reading Jo's, I did stitch a bit while my grandfather was on his way to the Lord. It was three days, near Christmas and I pulled out my stitching for a bit...praying as I stitched...so I suppose that's the oddest place for me.

DJ said...

I've stitched on planes, trains and automobiles...though it was really difficult in both a train and an automobile. I've stitched in bed while lying face up when my back had gone out and I couldn't move but needed to finish a picture for my cousin's son who was getting his Eagle award for Boy Scouts. I've stitched while getting chemo, while recuperating from a few different surgeries, and while waiting for folks who have gone in for medical tests. I've stitched over the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Japan. I've stitched in Canada, Korea, England, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, France and Lichtenstein as well as the US including Hawaii. What do you expect from someone who has been stitching for nearly 50 years? LOL!!