Wednesday 12 January 2011

Wedding Sampler


I made this for my brother and sister-in-law when they got married, oh so long ago.  They were married in New Orleans and what a great time we had!  They lived in Metairie until Katrina hit, then they moved to Baton Rouge.  We don’t get to visit them as often as we’d like, but we try!

I also started a wedding sampler for a friend of mine, about 17 years ago… but haven’t finished it yet!  I think all I have to do is some backstitching and sewing in their names, but that would mean I'd have to find it in my stash somewhere.  I just tell her I want to make sure their marriage is going to last!    Sorry if you’re reading this Kim, but you are on my list of projects to finish.

And who knows, maybe I’ll even start one for myself this year… I’ll have to put it on my to do list. 

2 comments:

DJ said...

Hi Astrid!
Thanks for posting on my blog!! Love your wedding sampler...and what it has to say! We all need to be reminded from time to time of the promises we made. It's beautifully done too! I love the background of your blog too! We'll get together one of these days, I proimse! *Hugs*

Carol's Stitching said...

What a nice present for your brother and sister-in-law. I love the colors and the details in the roses.