Sunday 13 November 2022

An October birthday and a Fall Retreat 🍂

In early October, I had a belated thought and asked for any stitching related photos to show my Dad for his birthday last month. I received two stitched pieces from dear Vickie at A Stitcher's Story and two quilted pieces from dear M.A. at Magpie's Mumblings. He loved them and said, "Thank you!"


His birthday was the same day as the stitching retreat I was going to in Pennsylvania, so I came the night before to spend the night and then take him out for a birthday breakfast.
He made a couple friends, but they didn't eat very much.


He saved the cupcake I gave him for later.
I think he looks great for 82!


In spite of me leaving after that to head to my retreat, he had a good birthday. It took a little longer to get to PA from his house, but well worth it.


This was our goody bag at the retreat, but I bought the shirt. It's lovely and soft!


There were more vendors than usual, with so many beautiful things and 
Annette @Mind your Needle had even more goodies to see.








I won a doorprize (upper left) and purchased the rest. I could have sworn I bought some needleminders, but I think I already put them on my board before taking a photo of them. I also don't know why I didn't take a photo of all the goodies at Silkweaver Fabrics, but I did purchase that gorgeous fabric - Blue Fusion.
I also bought a little bag of silk to try, so many pretty colours!


The Grab Bag Exchange, the word was LEAVES.
Always a fun time!


This is the one I finally got, lots of goodies from Eda. I got hers at the last retreat too!


This is what I put together.
I made the scissor fob and mod-podged the acorn.


This was fun to do, I just added the leaves from napkins so you couldn't see inside.


It was a beautiful weekend and the colours were starting to change, a lovely time for a walking break.


And before we knew it, it was over! Another fabulous retreat, thank you Linda and Annette @LinAnn Events!
A little smaller than usual, but our group this year.


On the way home, I stopped by The Strawberry Sampler because they were having a sale - fill a bag for $10, I couldn't resist! I didn't think I would find this much stuff, but here it is.


A couple more events for October, that will be another post.

7 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm glad your Dad enjoyed his birthday but it's too bad more people didn't take part in his 'virtual gifts'. He has such a lovely smile and I can tell he's a man I would love to know in person.
And then, seeing all the fun goodies at the retreat - I can't begin to imagine how much fun that must have been.

Vickie said...

Glad your Dad enjoyed his birthday! He looks great! I like that t-shirt you got! :)And what a deal for $10!!

Katie said...

How fun. How is your dad doing? Big adjustment for your lovely mom to not be there every day. I sure hope he is adjusting well. Love your retreat photos. I see some faces I recognize in there too. What a bag for $10! You did great!!! Big Hugs.

diamondc said...

Astrid: Your Dad looks younger than his age of 82.
I would love to see all the vendors at that retreat, so many lovely designs to choose from.
Nice Goody Bag, the shirt is so sweet.
What fun for an exchange this time of year, I like the gift you received and the one you put together.
The trees are beautiful, it is snowing here and 27 degrees.

Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

Belated birthday wishes to your Dad, he looks very happy. Your retreat looks great, I love seeing what everyone does, I have never been on a stitchy weekend but have hosted meetups for a day.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Darn, I fully intended to send something for your Dad and totally forgot. Looks like he had a good Birthday anyway.
The retreat looks amazing! So much fun to attend and so many gorgeous goodies too. I have a couple of pieces of Silkweaver Fabric and have heard their service is patchy so buying in person is a great opportunity.

Faith... said...

Glad your Dad had a great birthday and lots of celebrating with those two friends of his. He looks awesome for 82. Great goody bag you received and I love your acorn. Oh all that shopping to tempt you; how fun!