Sunday 14 February 2021

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop 💝

It looks like there is lots of love out there to be found, please take a look at all the stitching love by heading to her post.
Can you figure out who stitched what before they reveal themselves?

This is the sweet piece I received, did you happen to stitch this LOVELY piece?



Just in case you needed some advise on love, here's what some kids have to say about it...

My Mother says to look for a man who is kind. That's what I'll do. I'll find somebody who's kinda tall and handsome. ~ Carolyn, age 8
(Worked for me!!!)

If it's your Mother, you can kiss her anytime But if it's a new person, you have to ask permission. ~ Roger, age 6

It isn't always how you look. Look at me. I'm handsome like anything and I haven't got anybody to marry me yet. ~ Brian, age 7

Love will find you, even if you're trying to hide from it. I've been trying to hide from it since I was five, but the girls keep finding me. ~ Dave, age 8

And if all else fails...
Shake your hips and hope for the best. ~ Camille, age 9


20 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a very cute stitch and those kids' wisdom is very cute as well!

RONI said...

A lovely stitch, and the wisdom of the children is awesome x

jocondine said...

What a cute pattern, simple but lovely. Always listen to children... Joyeuse Saint Valentin ! xxx

Sandy said...

Not mine - is this a SB? I have a small box and looking for a small design to put on the top and this one looks great. And the wisdom of the kids - I know my daughter misses teaching her kids in person his year.

Sandy

Cathy said...

I love the kids' comments; thank you for sharing them. And, no it's not mine.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop this year.
This is a gorgeous design and I love the kids' views on Love.
When my older son was in Reception, there was a girl who announced she was going to marry him. She told me "he doesn't seem so keen but he is quite young"! Excuse me, miss, you are only five years old yourself LOL. Sadly she went to a different High School but their paths may cross again...

Kaisievic said...

Out of the mouths of babes! Gorgeous! Lovely stitch but alas not mine!

diamondc said...

Astrid: Lovely design, I have stitched this one from Shepherds Bush but not mine, I had a bad week did not get photo in on time.
What a bunch of cute comments from children, thank-you for sharing.

Catherine

Gwen said...

Nice SB project.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Children are funny aren't they, lovely stitching but it isn't mine, Happy Valentine's 💕

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's a lovely design but not mine.
"Out of the mouths of babes ..." a good selection of comments from children.

Christine said...

Camille will go far...
Cute little stitch

DJ said...

Kids are so cute! Thanks for the giggles! Lovely cross stitch, but sadly it's not mine. I hope you find your Secret Sweetheart! Happy Valentine's Day (a little late, had a crazy day yesterday!) Hope it was sweet!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I LOVE those wonderful quotes from the kids! They all made me laugh. Out of the mouths of kids comes the most wonderful outlooks on life (and love, obviously).

Mary's Thread said...

Yes it's me! The last one to comment I bet. This is from Shepherd's Bush but I put it on different linen. I'm glad you liked it! Happy Valentine's Day!

Barb said...

So cute! Thank for making me smile!

Mary said...

Sweet stitch and love the kids quotes, I watch Art Linkletter on youtube once in awhile when I need a laugh, kids certainly say the darndest things!

Faith... said...

Your piece looks very cute! Camille has quite the idea about love and Brian may end up alone for quite a while! LOL

Katie said...

Finally have time to hop along. What a beauty. Mary did a fantastic job indeed. Gotta love what kids have to say about everything.

Tiffstitch said...

This is a beautiful one, hope you had a great day!