Saturday 22 August 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground ⛳

Today's stitching ground brought me to Topgolf for a family outing. The guys were swinging away, while C and I sat and watched them and I was able to put in some stitches in another new project.
We had a great time together and Nathan has decided he wants to have his birthday party there in November... we'll see what the world looks like then!


This makes a perfect travel kit, so easy to take anywhere.
It was given to me by Cathy @ The Stitching Grandma, after she had finished with it. It's supposed to be a red car with a Christmas tree on it, but I'm changing it to a very short red truck!
Thanks again, Cathy, I might have to stitch it for another friend after this one is finished for my Dad.


More family staycation adventures soon. Have you had any new-to-you local getaways this summer?

8 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looks like a fun time for the guys! We used to golf before it got so expensive. Alas no family adventures for us this summer, unless you count a trip to the fabric shop and to Costco!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Looks like a good day out and a novel idea for a Birthday party too.
Nice that you got some stitching time too. The truck conversion is great.
My son goes back to school a few days after the mainstream schools so we are hoping to get a day out then. Everywhere is just too busy right now.

Barb said...

Looks like a fun adventure. We do enjoy many things around us but no new adventures!

Cathy said...

It looks like you had a fun time. No adventures for us this year. Maybe next year (We're hoping to go to San Antonio in April.)

I'm glad you're enjoying the kit and were able to modify it to meet your needs.

Paula H said...

We had an outing at the Top golf in Denver when I was there for a meeting a couple of yeares ago. It was fun! I love when there is a piedde that's perfect for travel

FlashinScissors said...

Looks like you had a great time at the golf! Nice stitching!
We are mainly staying at home, only out walking on our local Common.
Hugs
Barbara xx

Faith... said...

I am sure Nathan will have fun having a party there so I hope that the world open up for him by then. Yay for another new start!!

Katie said...

Looks like a great time. Hopefully Nathan can have his day there. Love your change to the kit. Perfect.