Saturday 27 June 2020

Scavenger Photo Hunt, June 📷

The months seem to blend together and already it's the end of June! Which means it's time for Katie and her I live, I love, I craft, I am me ... scavenger photo hunt.

The words for June are...

Flowers...
These were taken at Butchart Gardens in Canada, seven years ago while we were there. There were way too many beautiful flowers to pick just one photo.


Insects...
I'm not a big insect fan, especially when I find them in the basement! This guy was so big, but I couldn't kill him so he was taken outside and hopefully found another place to live.

Now this kind of spider I can handle in the house.


Sunset/sunrise...
Sunset at Topsail Beach in North Carolina. Always a beautiful sight.

This was taken while leaving my parents house in western Maryland.

This was the sunrise over Baltimore while volunteering at 95.1 SHINE-FM.


Something Wild...
These black bears were enjoying salmon oil from the grill while we were at the Taku Glacier Lodge in Alaska. I guess they don't mind eating it with sand because that's where it drips while being grilled!




My Own Choice...
In honour of the upcoming July 4th in the states, this was flying at Liberty Island in New York.



Dang it, I forgot one! My Garden...
This is our back garden/yard in the fall, I love those colours!



Have fun taking a look at all the other posts and maybe you'll join in next month if you aren't already?

20 comments:

Linda said...

Awesome pictures as always Astrid.

Linda

Vickie said...

Beautiful! Except the spider! ;)

Susan Smith said...

Wonderful set of photos, though big spiders are the one creepy crawly I'm not good with. We get big huntsman here in Oz. The bear picture is definitely a good "wild" one. Take care & stay safe.

Mad Englishwoman said...

It's fascinating to see all your pictures from another part of the world. It looks so different. Love the stitched spider and web. Glad you managed to get the real spider out unharmed (both you and the spider!).

La Papillon Bleu said...

Lovely photos Astrid, and I'm right with you about the spiders, but I didn't even have a stitched one here.

kjsutcliffe said...

That is one HUGE spider...shudder... I do love your sunset photos, especially the one in the car wing mirror, very clever!

wildaboutworld said...

Brilliant photos - though not a huge fan of the huge spider lol! Stunning sunsets & sunrises and the bears are very wild. Thank you!

Threads through my life said...

Love your big spider! I don't mind them provided I can see them and not have one creep up on me...... Your sunset/sunrise photos are fab and I thought the black bears were so cuddly.... such a shame they are not actually cuddly.

Mad Englishwoman said...

Astrid - I have to give my email to comment so hopefully you've got it somewhere. If not, don't worry! Best, B

Mary said...

Love seeing all your photos, your so fortunate to travel to so many places. I think you are quite brave to move that spider outdoors!!! I love bears and what a great photo and such big fellows too!!! Love the autumnal colors!!

Sheryl said...

Amazing photos, love the sunsets and the gorgeous black bears. Not so keen on the big spider.

Terri said...

Beautiful pictures! Love the bears! If I had found a spider like that in my house, *I* would have been the one to find a new place to live, LOL!

Tigermouse said...

A great selection of photos, I love the bottom two sunset shots, the colours are fabulous :)

Faith... said...

Love the pictures Astrid! The bears are adorable; I am guessing they are not aggressive since you seem to be so close to them.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I always enjoy your scavenger hunt photos although I must say that spider was a little off-putting! I'm not bothered by spiders but that one looks mean. Could also be because we were watching one of the Lord of the Rings movies last night and there was a giant spider trying to capture the hobbits.

FlashinScissors said...

Amazing photos Astrid!
Eek bears and spiders!!! I’m so glad we have neither here in the U.K.!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

ricketyjo said...

Lovely photos Astrid, except that creepy spider! The black bears have such cute faces but you are closer than I would want to get to them. I love the sunset pic!

Katie said...

Great photos until the icky spider. You made up for it with the cute spider though.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your wildlife is rather scary! Great photos though.

Julie said...

Lovely selection this time Astrid x