Saturday 6 June 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground 🧡

This evening DH and I were looking at some photos with Gman from his trip last year in school. He was showing us when he went to Paris and London. What a blessing he went when he did, this spring group had to come home early and I doubt they did much traveling the short time they were there.


Slow and steady, not much longer now. Then I just have to add the words and figure out how I'm finishing it. I think a frame will work the best for it.


Did you know that it was National Donut Day?
Here's Chewie with his favourite toy donut!

Do you have a favourite donut? I must say I like chocolate with the chocolate icing and the jelly filled ones are good too. But I really love my pumpkin in the fall! 

14 comments:

Mary said...

Your doing very well with your blackwork stitches. I wish I had Mom's recipe for homemade donuts when we were kids. But, my favorite is a French Cruller.

Vickie said...

Is this an anniversary piece you are creating Astrid?

Julie said...

Blackwork is so elegant, its pretty.
Not really a donut fan.

Cathy said...

Your blackwork is coming along nicely and I think a frame is the perfect solution. My favorite donuts are Krispy Kreme's Chocolate Iced Custard Filled and chocolate iced cake donuts. Unfortunately, I haven't had either in forever.

Faith... said...

The blackwork is coming along very nicely. One Heart for each of your wonder men? My daughter went out in the morning for a dozen of Dunkin Donuts. I am not a big donut lover but I do love a crueler or glazed donut; though I think Chewie has good taste with his donut!

Linda said...

Nice progress Astrid. But, where were you stitching?

Linda

Rachel said...

Slow and steady will get you to a finish soon. I'm especially waiting to see the words.
Mmmm, donuts! Got to be the jam filled ones for me! :)

diamondc said...

Astrid, you have made wonderful progress, the more you stitch the prettier it gets.
Chewie is so cute with his donut.

Catherine

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your stitching is looking great - are you happier with it now? As for donut choice - Dutchie all the way for me.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Chewie is adorable, your stitching is looking great.

Barb said...

Even though I got to the posts late, you have made me hungry for a donut! I should have read this earlier! Your hearts are looking so pretty!

Bethan said...

That blackwork is gorgeous and Chewie is so cute! I love a jam filled donut, although I used to be partial to a custard filled donut when I was younger! x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The blackwork is looking great. Love the colours you chose.
I recognise those red phone boxes too!
My favourite doughnuts were the hot ones we used to get from the funfair when we were kids. I liked watching the machine drop them in the hot fat and then the sugar. They were a real once a year treat for us.

Katie said...

Beautiful progress. I love blackwork. I like bavarian cream filled donuts.