Thursday 16 January 2020

December fun!

Ah, another fabulous time with my chosen sister, Cori, for our pre-Christmas get-a-way at Peddler's Village!


It's hard to see, but while we were having dinner the first night, there was a beautiful snow squall going on outside.


This year her Mom and Aunt Jo joined us for the night and part of the next day. It was freezing cold that night, and just a bit slippery coming back from dinner.


So many beautiful light displays.


Have you ever played SORRY with 16 men?! OMGoodness, such fun and I think it took us about three hours to finish! Mom came in 1st, me 2nd, Aunt Jo 3rd, and Cori coming in last, but what a great time we had. Now I'm going to be looking for old SORRY games at thrift stores for extra men and cards.


All too soon it was time for them to go. We all had a great time together with plans to do again next December.


Then it was shopping time for us.
Wishful thinking there, Cori!


The categories for the Gingerbread competition this year were Traditional, Authentic Reproduction of a Bucks County Landmark, 3-D, Movie or TV set, Firehouses, Student, and Kids Only.
There were so many beautiful creations, I had lots of "favourites"!







Notice the one of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation?!




One of the shops had this "lovely" frog display - just as long as they stay there!


You wouldn't know it from this picture, but Cori wasn't feeling well while we were there. Totally run down, feeling like it was the flu. These were our pick-me-up drinks that afternoon.


She felt eh, but was hungry for dinner later on and a spiked hot chocolate helped a little bit! My cranberry martini felt good too!


But later that night I was on my own while she rested, so I braved the cold and had a spiked cider to keep me warm out there.


After offering to take pictures for people for a good part of my evening, someone was nice enough to take one of me.


Photo shop is a great thing, she was with me in spirit!


More magical lights.


And look, one of my gifts from Cori was a mermaid blanket! It's so soft, I love it.



I did stitch while we were there, but you've already seen it in previous posts.

Once again I'm behind in my comment responses and reading, I'm planning to start catching up tonight and tomorrow.
Thank you to all of you who take the time to read and comment on this hodge podge of a blog, I greatly appreciate it!

11 comments:

Barb said...

What an amazing place. It was just beautiful! Glad you had such a good time and sorry your friend was a bit under the weather.

Rachel said...

Oh, looks like you had a hoot. I do like a lot of fairy light so enjoyed seeing those, but all those wonderful gingerbread creations...
Sorry is bad enough with just 4 counters, but 16...? I don't think we'd have the patience to see it through to the end.
With the speed that days are passing, this year's trip is not that far away! :)

Katie said...

How fun! So glad you have a friend to do that type of things with. Too bad she wasn't feeling well this time around. Thanks for sharing everything.

Julie said...

So many super pictures in this post Astrid.
Those gingerbreads are amazing, National Lampoon is one of DH's most favourite films.
How special that the snow sprinkled for you.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great post, you did have a lot of fun! The gingerbread looks lovely and the lights are all beautiful.
I did wonder about the sixteen men you had hooked up with for the board game until I realised they were just the counters for the game LOL

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Forgive me, but my immediate thought was 'I wonder where they found sixteen men to play the game with them'. Oh. Oops. All those gingerbread pieces are amazing and the lights too. So pretty!

Vickie said...

How fun! I do love that blanket! Fab U lous!

Linda said...

What a fun outing Astrid. That looks like such a fun place to visit. Its hard to imagine all of those gingerbread villages. They were amazing.

Linda

Cathy said...

That looks like a fun outing! Gingerbread houses and Christmas lights are two of my favorite things!

Faith... said...

You are always going to some fun and interesting places! All those decorations are beautiful. I would have loved to see that gingerbread display, those bakers are talented!

Bethan said...

What an amazing place. I love all the lights. It's absolutely incredible what people can do with baking/gingerbread. The National Lampoon one is great - especially as it is family-in-laws favourite Christmas film x