Tuesday 19 June 2018

St. Michaels Fun! 🐳

It was that time of year last month, the annual St. Michaels stitching retreat with the girls! 


Alice and I got there a little early so we were able to do a some shopping... 
Ah, my favourite mermaid shop!



Fun sculptures and who knew, an glassware shop!
(I didn't notice it until I looked at it later)


It stopped raining for a bit and the sun came out for a tease.







And now for the fun stuff! This year we did a patriotic exchange and this is what the other ladies made. They are all amazing!


This is what I opened, isn't it fantastic? It's a project bag, made by Wendy, but I'm displaying it because I don't want it messed up. And the strawberry is adorable!


This is what I made.
It's Paws and Stripes Furever from Stitchy Kitty, I just added some fireworks.


It's a wooden box that I painted and then decoupaged. The "ribbons" on top are from a pen I found at a dollar store. I like the way it turned out and I think I'll be doing it again.


These were the goodies from the White Elephant game. My first one was DJ's biscornu, and it was ripped from my hands stolen!


So I opened the last gift and this is what it was. Pat made it, I love it! And luckily it wasn't stolen!


I worked on this while I was there. I designed it, but I need to redo some of the stars because I don't like the way some of them look.


I also worked on these little guys from Joyful World by The Snowflower Diaries.


When I got home, I decided to play with the ground.


And came out with this colourful piece.
Now I need to figure out October.


This is what I found while shopping in St. Michaels, it was only $25! A previous display case, it only needs a touch up here and there, I'll get a light to put in the back, and it's been Ming approved.
Is it too early to start decorating for Halloween?!



I left early on Sunday to celebrate an anniversary with this guy, 23 years and counting!



Thank you for all the comments from my previous post about my Mom. I need to reply the hard way since we're still not getting notifications like before, sorry for the delay.


Next time... birthday fun!

15 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Anniversary!! What amazing exchanges!! I have a bunch of those little boxes, great idea to decoupage and add a stitch...LOVE the basket with strawberry treats!~

Linda said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you. The retreat gifts are fantastic. Looks like a great place to go.

Linda

Vickie said...

Happy Anniversary! I would have hung on tighter to THAT biscornu!! ;) Love what you got though! :D

Faith... said...

Hope your anniversary celebration was great! It looks like your retreat was a great success. I am not sure I need to shop at that store, I don't need any extra added in...

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary wishes to you both
Such talented stitchers you met with, and lovely gifts you exchanged with each other.

rosey175 said...

Happy Anniversary! Your retreat looks like a lot of fun and the Americana collections are great! Your shelf is fantastic and it's never too early for Halloween haha! Ming does not look spooky enough for the new perch though.

Terri said...

Happy anniversary! LOVE all the patriotic stitching! It's all beautiful!! Glad you had a good time and that your mom is improving.

Brigitte said...

Happy Anniversary, Astrid!
The retreat seemed to have been pure fun with some fun exchanges.

Katie said...

The email thing is finally fixed I'm so glad. Great pics from the retreat. Love the exchange pieces. That patriotic crab is just too cool. At least I hope I'm right at guessing that. What it looks like to me. I printed those monthly pieces. Maybe one of these years I'll get to them haha. Love the Halloween display. Will be cool decorated. Happy Anniversary!

Barb said...

That looks like a pretty place for a fun retreat. Great items in the exchange!! What a wonderful picture, congratulations to you both! We will be at 40 later this summer.

Bethan said...

This looks like such a lovely retreat, and such great exchange pieces. Happy anniversary to you both! x

RJ said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband! It looks like a fantastic retreat...so much fun and so many great stitches too. Love your project bag and your stitch you made was wonderful. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Such a young couple in the photo.

The retreat looks like great fun with good friends. You got a lovely prize in the White Elephant, better than the candle anyway LOL

By the way, have you fixed it so you get comments the old way again? I did a post on my blog recently.

OhSewCrafty said...

What a beautiful place for a retreat! Your September piece turned out really cute. Happy Anniversary to you both!

Kaisievic said...

Oh Astrid, it looks like you had heaps of fun. What lovely exchange pieces, as you know I love Americana. I especially like Purrs and Stripes Furever - I am going to have a look for that design right now! Happy Anniversary to you both.