Wednesday 16 May 2018

Mother's Day weekend! ๐Ÿ’–

On Saturday I went to visit my Mama in rehab. They had a celebration for May birthdays and a bluegrass couple came and played. They brought their little girl and she kept everyone entertained. She was very interested in Inna, who was smaller than she was! Isn't she absolutely adorable? 



As we were going back to her room, the therapist was there to have Mom walk back to her room. Walk? She was practically running down the hall!  


So the beehive went to her for Mother's Day!
Do you ever make something not knowing who you're making if for? After this was finished, I realized it needed to go to my Mom. Dad is having a summer house built for her to come home to and this seemed appropriate. 




She loved it!


And she could be home in a week or so!


Sunday with my boys and kitties!


Gammy with the boys.


Godmother Tammy with the boys.


In spite of the weather, a beautiful Mother's Day!

10 comments:

Faith... said...

So happy to hear she may come home soon! I bet that will be a big day for everyone.

Love how the Beehive turned out! I also like how you signed your work; I may be stealing that idea one day ;)

Debbie W. said...

Your mom is one amazing lady, and such an inspiration. Hope she will be home very soon.
Such a cute beehive - it really turned out great! :)

Vickie said...

Your gift turned out so sweet. I am glad she is doing so well. You obviously had a good Mother's Day. :)

Sheryl said...

Pretty stitched gift for your mum, so pleased she is walking so well and will soon be home.

Katie said...

So glad to hear your mom is doing so good. I bet she loved your piece. It's beautiful. Great pics of your family. Thanks for sharing.

Barb said...

It looks like your family all had a great Mother's Day. The gift for your mom was lovely. How exciting about the space your dad is building for your mom. I'm so glad to hear she is doing so well and will likely go home soon.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great weekend. Nice to see your Mum doing so well. And appreciating the Bee finish too.
Lovely photos of your family as always.

Kaisievic said...

Lovely gift for your mum - just perfect for her! Glad to hear that she is doing so well. I bet she is looking forward to going home soon. Looks like you had a lovely Mother's Day.

Brigitte said...

It must have been a great day for the ladies in rehab, I love the little cube you stitched for your mom.

Julie said...

A beautiful gift for mom, lovely finish you made with the pretty design.
Nice family picture, I see the GMan has no beard this time...
Hope mom is soon home enjoying time in the summer house with her pretty gift.