Monday 30 October 2017

Halloween Shenanigans! 👻

A couple weekends ago, Karen, P, and I headed to the Dulles Expo Center for the Craftsmen's Classic Art and Craft Festival.
Why do I go? To see Randal Spangler of course!

I brought the piece I'm working on, I just wish I was further along!

And what should I see, but an amazing dragon shelf! There was a cat and dog one too, but I love the dragons.
Since this one was sold, I ordered one for my Christmas present and I can't wait!

This was taken a few years ago when I purchased a print or two. Randal is great and I hope to see him again next year with my finished piece!

Time to move on and we all got fun Halloween "tattoos". This is finally starting to come off my arm, it lasted over a week.

I had to buy a couple!

I found another Christmas pressie, a necklace! 🎃

This booth had icicle names, but I didn't see mine. I've only ever seen it in Germany. I asked him and he actually had it behind his "counter"! Of course I had to buy it and one for each of the guys to put on the tree this year.

I'm going to frame these cards together for all the seasons, and also bought Nathan and I bookmarks.

And my last treasure was this trio, my loves! 💖


From there, Karen and I headed to Walmart to purchase a few items to make me look pretty for Cori's Halloween party.

Cori doesn't like is scared of zombies 😱, so I just had to do it. 

Lovely bones tattoo.

My model foot.

And I got her, I know she really loved it!

See? She loves me.

I think she liked the old hag better.


Makeup by Karen, I couldn't have done it without her! Not only did she do my makeup and helped with my hair, but she cut up my Walmart shirt on the way back from the craft show.
I couldn't have done it without her!

I went into the beer store on the way and scared the clerk who thought there might be more coming in!

8 comments:

Annie said...

Looks like you have been having some fun! That costume would have certainly would have scared me!

Julie said...

Made me giggle... you look so lovely.

FlashinScissors said...

Yep, made me giggle too!
Your poor friend!
Great makeup!
Barbara x

Barb said...

Wow! You really look scary!!! And might I add a bit gross!!What a wonderful craft show!

rosey175 said...

That's a great costume!! Those teeth though LOL.

I love all those crafty items you procured. Especially those kitty cards! Totally adorable.

Brigitte said...

Oh wow, a post full of Halloween goodies pictures. Gorgeous.
Great that you could find your name, I think here it's more common :)

Katie said...

LOL I love your zombie. Too funny. Poor Cori haha. Thanks for sharing your other goodies too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You look truly ghastly! Don't send that photo to Randler, he'll never sign anything again!
How exciting to meet the artist though and buy the gorgeous shelf.
Love your icicle name, I've never met an Astrid in real life.