Wednesday 20 September 2017

Clean up, clean up! And stitching

Nathan's toy area in the basement, a total mess. Although this isn't as bad as it was before this picture. I don't think the floor had been vacuumed in over a year!

Some things put away, but Lego pieces were everywhere! He was not a happy camper when I made him pick them all up.


He actually donated some toys and we stored some things in a closet (planning ahead for grandchildren!) So much better, he just needs to clean up the table.

Next project, his room. 😧


As for stitching, I bought a HAED pattern years ago but stopped because I didn't like the way it looked.
I started in the middle on 22 count. I tried using one, then two strands and it didn't matter.

Last week I bought 30 count and restarted it, starting in the upper left corner this time. This fabric is much stiffer, which I think has helped.


I am liking this so much better! So far I've only used two colours, so it's been pretty easy. I don't quite know what I'm going to do when it gets really busy, but I'm not too keen on parking.

I have a bigger one, but thought I would start "small" and see how it goes! Any suggestions on stitching a HAED would be greatly appreciated!

And I'm behind again on my replies and blog reading, sorry!

10 comments:

Julie said...

I hope the four legged furry toy room inspector was happy with the end result, I see he was checking out the room before the clean up.

deb said...

There is an entire generation, maybe two, who started singing in their heads while reading your post title. Thanks for that smile.

The playroom cleanup came out marvelously! And brave you, starting a HAED, even a small one. Your start is looking quite good!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I've gotten way behind on my blog reading, too! The toy room is looking much better all picked up. Stepping on a Lego can be soooo painful. I am conflicted when I think how glad I am not to have toys strewn all over the floor. But then I remember how much I miss having my boy around all the time now that he's all grown up...bittersweet. Love the start to the HAED. Fingers crossed the 30 count continues to work for you. Happy stitching! Andrea

Faith... said...

Good luck with Nathan keeping his areas clean! I get my grandson to clean his space and come back the next day and you can already see that it is going downhill again! LOL

I love those Spangler charts and look forward to seeing yours! I don't think i could ever stitch on 30 count, wow. Are you stitching over 2?

Linda said...

Love your new start Astrid. You know, boys will be boys. Besides its more fun to make the mess than clean it up.

Linda

Maggee said...

Well, if Nathan could clean that play room as well as he did, the bedroom will be easy! And I bet he felt great after going in the CLEAN play room for the first time! You are the brave one, doing a HAED. I am not so inclined to do full coverage, tho I have a 'few' BAPs waiting for me! Several 'could' be full coverage, but I am deleting out the backgrounds. It will be a challenge, but WHEN I do them, the focus will be more pinpointed! They are either birds or flowers or both! Ha! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Brigitte said...

Not so easy to get a teen to clear his room, lol. But the result looks great. I think his room will be a success, too :)
Good that you like stitching your HAED project so much better on the new fabric. I don't know what to think about the parking method either. I'm a cross country stitcher and don't like to have threads hanging around.

Katie said...

Oh cleaning rooms. The torture. We have so many rooms that have become a death trap haha. I need the energy to start the task. Hopefully this winter. I love your HAED. I fell in love with the parking method. For some reason it just clicked for me. Try different things and see what works best for you.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

We tried doing the "10 minutes per day" tidy in the summer holidays, it worked well for the first couple of weeks but then he kept putting it off.
Nice start on the HAED. I'd have thought that extreme cross country would work well for a slim one like that. Stitch all of one colour in a page and then move on to the next.

Bethan said...

Lego does get everywhere! Amazing tidy up job! x