Sunday 17 August 2014

An early housewarming gift

Look what I received in the post from my chosen sister, Karen...
I LOVE IT!!!
She surprised me and made this for me to hang in my new craft room.  I love that the house is blue and it has two kitties - Ming and Max!

This is pretty close to the colour the room is going to be, sort of a creamy, very light yellow. 

Not quite sure where I'm going to put it yet.  I wish I could put it just before you enter the room, but that won't work.  No worries, I know I'll find the perfect spot.

So thank you, dear Karen, for making me this wonderful treasure.  Maybe I'll even wait until you come visit to hang it up, then I'll put you to work! 

We still don't know when we're moving in yet.  I'm hoping for the end of September, but realistically it will probably be mid October.  Not quite sure how I'm going to decorate for Halloween while trying to unpack - priorities!

At least we're one step closer inside.  The fireplace was finished this week, we just need the mantel.

I still haven't been reading blogs, but I will make that my down-time this week in the evening.  Please let me know if I'm missing following your blog, I haven't caught up with that either.

And thank you so much for your thoughts and kind words for my Mom.  She's at home and doing great.  On Monday she gets her staples out, all 32 of them!  

12 comments:

Justine said...

How lovely - I like the idea of a chosen sister! Your new home is looking beautiful.

stitchersanon said...

Gorgeous. Glad your mum is doing ok, and wow, a stunning gift.

cucki said...

wow so sweet....pretty stitching..
glad mom are doing well..give her my love x

Julie said...

A beautiful and special gift.
Great news mum is mending nicely. x

DJ said...

I hope I get to meet Karen when she visits!! What a lovely housewarming gift!! My goodness they are really working hard on your house, I need another "sneak peek"!! *Hugs*

Vickie said...

Wow! Fabulous gift. Another wow. 32 staples! Yikes.

Linda said...

What a beautiful gift Astrid. I love your fireplace.

Linda

Shebafudge said...

What a gorgeous gift. It will be perfect for a craft room.

Faith... said...

Beautiful gift! Love those big windows you have there - they will let in lots of sunshine!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely gift from Karen. I have a different version of that design.
Your fireplace looks great already. You must pm me your address so I can send you a moving in card too.

Anne said...

Such a pretty gift from Karen and I know you'll find the right spot for it. That fireplace is so cool! I love the dark stones!! Glad to hear your mom is okay too. Hugs!

Annie said...

What a beautiful stitched treasure from your 'sister'. That piece will be packed with memories!

And how wonderful to be decorating a craft room! I live in a one br apt, so a separate craft room sounds like a little bit of heaven!