Sunday 31 July 2022

Closing the Chapter on June 📕

June welcomed back the church's annual Clarksville Picnic which I volunteered at for almost two weeks.
That means finding treasures you never knew you were missing!
Although I was in the pricing room, I never priced anything I wanted to get; I waited until it was marked and then paid that price.
This was one of those treasures, a Yonanas soft serve maker. It was priced at $3 and I happily paid it even if didn't work out in the end. 


Basically you start with frozen bananas and then alternate adding whatever other frozen fruit you like. The first time I made it, my girlfriend Kim came over for a girls night and she laughed at it. After we made it (with bananas and mangos), she quickly apologized because it was delicious!
So far I've used mangos, blueberries, peaches, and strawberries. I want to try blackberries, pineapple, and maybe kiwi. There are plenty of "recipes" for other things, including Irish Coffee... yes, please!
Kim ended up looking online, found it at Walmart and ended up ordering one. She had friends try it after she got it and they ordered it too. Auntie Leela said she was going to get one and told her family in London about it and they are supposed to get it too! Let me know if you end up getting one, even without a taste test!
Easy clean up and after mixing it up when it's finished, it's perfect. I usually freeze half of it for the next day.


There weren't a lot of stitched pieces for sale, but these are the ones I saved. Sadly, none of them were signed by the person who stitched it. I always add my initials and date, even if it's on the back. I thought most people do, but maybe not. Do you?


This treat was $20, and I plan to paint or stain it and change the handles. I want to use this to put my fabric in, it should be easier to find it in there.


I showed this to DH and the Gmen, but they weren't interested. Such a shame, I thought it was cool!


On the day of the picnic, Nathan helped out with the youth group's dunking booth and I was the first one to dunk him. Such fun!


This was not found at the picnic, but I forgot to post it for my birthday. Dear Karen bought this for my birthday at The Stitching Post's model sale they had. I love it! I actually bought the chart years ago and hadn't stitched it yet, and here it is all finished and framed! It does look lighter in daylight, it's lovely.
I asked a few of the ladies in the shop who stitched it, but they couldn't remember.


And just like that, June was over and now it's almost August! I'll catch up eventually.

5 comments:

diamondc said...

Astrid: Great post, I have never heard of the Yonanas before, it looks interesting.
You found some great treasures in cross stitch.
That drawer stand is amazing, its lovely, looks like your fur baby likes it also.
I personally like the drinking vessel.
The dunk tank is a hoot, the past Priest at our Church dunked all the time.
That Mermaid is adorable, what a sweet friend to give it to you for your birthday.

Catherine

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Interesting to read about the Yonanas 'thingie' - never heard of it but it sure sounds like it would be fun, particularly over the summer.
Great needlework finds too and I know you'll give them a good home.

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a great post, looks like you had a lovely time and great buys too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well, you are an enabler on the device front too!
The set of drawers for fabric has a lovely shape, I am sure it will be very useful.
Beautiful mermaid stitch, a lovely gift.
I do initial some of my pieces, especially the larger ones but not all of them. I have started stitching the name of the sampler on my Just Nan Band Samplers now. Partly to help me remember which is which. Someone showed us in the FB group and I thought it was a good idea.

Faith... said...

What a beautiful table (nightstand?). I hope you will show it to us once you finish jazzing it up! I think you may want to call the ice cream people and see about your commission! You seem to be selling quite a few. I am going to show it to the family to see what she thinks though we have an ice cream maker so I don't know if they will go for it or not. We seem to be small appliance collectors. Very pretty birthday gift!

Poor Nathan!, I hope it was a hot day!