Thursday 24 February 2022

Feeling the Valentine Love 💕

DH and I had lunch with friends the day before Valentine's Day and I received a lovely gift from my gf, Shana. I had gifted her a similar mug when she was going through something, and she gave me these lovely gifts just because.


That evening was spent with Cori, my chosen sister, and we both got chocolate to share with each other! It was the Super Bowl, so the tin was appropriate.


Here is her baby, Squirt, looking for love pats!


For the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop, (Jo @Serendipitous Stitching's annual hop) my Valentine piece was sent to Cathy @The Stitching Grandma.


This is from Bent Creek. I got it from the giveaway table at a retreat, but I can't remember which one!



This is the Valentine piece that I received from Barbara @The Flashing Scissors, so sweet!


I also participated in Needlecraft Haven's Valentine Exchange and this is what I received. It was a non-stitching one and we were to give a compact reusable bag and some floss. This is the bag opened, I like to think the flamingos are enjoying themselves and having a drink or two!


This is what I sent my partner and this is her photo since I forgot to take one before I sent it!
Next up with the group, an Easter exchange!


Normally on Valentine's Day, DH and I really don't do much except flowers for me, a dinner I know he likes, and cards for each other, that's our norm.
This year I thought we'd do something different and join Father Leo for his Valentine dinner. He used to be a seminarian at our church years ago, so we knew him way back when!


He even has a food truck, which I've enjoyed too!


I didn't take any photos of what we had, but it was a four course meal that started with a salad with berry vinaigrette, then a creamy caper penne pasta, followed by a long braised beef rib with garlic mashed potatoes and sea salt roasted broccoli. I enjoyed every bite, it was delicious! As for dessert... tres leches tropical style cake with an edible orchid, yum. Oh, and there was wine too!🍷🍷🍷


We had a great table sitting with couples we didn't know and Father Leo asked each table to talk about our engagements, our spouses favourite meal, and we were all blessed after reciting our vows again. It was a truly lovely evening together. 
I wonder if this will be a yearly event?!


An oldie but a goodie, our sweet boys 15 years ago!


And that's a beautiful end to a memorable Valentine's Day!

8 comments:

Stasi said...

Sounds like you had a busy and fun Valentine's Day weekend!

Cathy said...

Nice gifts and fun times!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Sounds like you had an amazing Valentine's day!

Faith... said...

Looks like you and your DH had a great day together. I think it is always nice when you are seated with people you don't know so you can meet more people.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely Valentine's celebrations, great photos of you all. Thank you for taking part in our non-stitchy exchange, great bags sent and received, I'm looking forward to the Easter one too.

Sheryl said...

You had a lovely Valentine´s Day, seeing friends and family and having a good time.

Vickie said...

Oh what lovely gifts you received!! And your Valentine's Day was splendid! I also love your exchanges.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely way to celebrate - good food and good company! The exchanges are great, it's so nice to get a little gift in the post.
Lovely cat too!