Thursday, 30 January 2014

A Welcome, then Dragons and Critters!

Hello to those of you who decided to follow me on this blogging journey.  I'm sorry I haven't responded to those who left comments, it's on my never ending to-do list.  In addition to finish checking out all the blogs on Vicki @ 2 Bags Full.

So I made it to the Sugarloaf Craft Festival with my gf and got to see Randal Spangler!  I did meet him at last year's show, but must have left my brain at home because it didn't click who he really was until after I left.  This year I came prepared with my camera and even showed him his Medieval History I'm stitching.  Of course you couldn't tell it what it was because I just started.  I told him the next time I see him there, which might be in October, maybe I'll have it done... wishful thinking?

Love, love, love his dragons, I had to control myself and buy just two!  Nathan picked out the dragon riding a motorcycle when we looked online the night before and since I love Halloween, I couldn't resist these two cooking up trouble!

In other news, I finally set up the bird feeder in the backyard and loved seeing the family of cardinals enjoying themselves.  I don't think this pictures shows it, but there were five of them.  The squirrels were enjoying the leftovers...

...although there's always one who thinks he can just help himself!  I filled it up when it was empty and was surprised to see that over half of it was gone by the next day - but I hadn't seen any small critters there.

Come to find out, the big guys were eating it all!  There are plenty of deer here and with no fence, they come and go as they please.  Ten is the highest count so far.  I guess I won't be filling it anytime soon, big piggies!

Ming didn't think much of the snow when we took her outside.  She sat by the fire when she came in to warm up.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time Astrid. I too love the dragon on the bike. Sure wish I was brave enough to do a HAED. Love the pics of the yard and Ming.

Linda

Faith... said...

WOW - how cool to meet Randal Spangler! I have many of his charts in my to do someday pile and even more on my wishlist.

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

I also love Halloween, and I wouldn't have been able to resist those. We have a wee dragon obsession in this house too.
Ming looks thoroughly unimpressed with having her toes cold.
For some reason, this post didn't come up in my reading list. I'll have to keep an eye out for you.
Have a great day!
Andrea

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Randal looks like a really nice guy, especially because he designs dragons! I love those two you have chosen.
I am quite envious of the cardinals you have. Can you believe I had never heard of these birds until I started blog following? We don't have them in the UK at all. We do have deer though. There are a pair of muntjac which visit us regularly and trim the shrubs for us!